Interior Design

Interior Design

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Peaches & Cream Cabinet

Another roadside find, this cabinet looked like it was in decent shape on the outside.

Cabinet before.
The inside, however, was another story.  The two adjustable shelves were missing shelf pegs to hold them up.  The middle stationary shelf and the bottom of the cabinet were stained, as well as having been installed upside down.

Inside of cabinet before.
After a good scrub, I filled in the screw holes with wood filler.  I would have had to take apart the entire cabinet in order to flip the middle and bottom shelves right side up, so I figured this was an easier option since it was getting painted anyway.

Not sure who the genius was who put this together upside-down.

Finally ready for paint!   I removed the door and hinges and shelves.  I painted the entire inside, including the removable shelves and the back of the door a creamy white.


Inside painted.

The outside I painted a fresh peach color.


Peach door.

I decided to dress up the front of the door with some cream paint, so I taped off the areas I wanted cream with painters tape.

Ready for detail.
 
I also painted the carved leaf motif with the cream paint and added a new knob that matched the cream paint and original brass hinges.


Cabinet after!


New knob.

I also bought new pegs to hold up the two adjustable shelves since most of them were missing.


Inside after.

This cabinet would be great as extra pantry space in a kitchen, extra dish and wine glass storage in a dining room, or dvd storage in a living room.


For sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment